Did you know….
1) If you take your own bags to Kroger – you know those eco friendly, reusable bags -to use instead of those annoying plastic bags that just pile up in a cupboard at home, they will actually PAY YOU?! Yes! Make sure you notify your cashier of your bags, telling her how many you brought, and Kroger will take $0.03 per bag off your receipt! Okay, so three cents doesn’t seem like much in the small scheme of it all, but just think….
If you take 12 bags with you each shopping trip, that’s $0.36. And lets say you go to the grocery store 5 times per month (I know we all go more than that, right?). In one month you will EARN $1.80, which is $21.60 a year! Who would have thought that you could MAKE $21.60 a year just by brigning your own eco friendly grocery bags!?
2) If you have a Kroger Plus rewards card, you SHOULD be getting direct mailers full of coupons from Kroger…unless you are me. I am not sure what address my card is linked to these days, and even though my address is correct on my kroger online account, I have never gotten any coupons from them! I was just informed about this, so I will be calling customer service to get this rectified! Apparently the Kroger direct coupons are pretty nice!
3) Double Coupons: I mis-understood, so I hope this information I am posting is now correct! Kroger WILL double any coupon that has a face value of 50 cents or less, so long as the coupon does not “do not double/triple”. If the face value of the coupon is greater than 50 cents, Kroger will not give you any bonus savings. So your best coupons are those of 50 cents off – which then become $1 off – or any coupons with a face value of $1 or more. The values in between 50 cents and a dollar are only worthy depending on the price of the item!
4) When Kroger does a 10/$10 special, this marks each item down to $1 and a coupon is STILL accepted on top of that reward! So, if you have a coupon for 50 cents off, Kroger will still match that, making that $1 item free! Time to stock up!!
5) You earn discounts on your Kroger Plus card for all purchases through a point system. Make sure to check in on your earned points, which can be used for discounts on groceries and gas! These points expire. Don’t waste free money! 10-20 cents off each gallon of gas is priceless these days! You can sign up to view your points at Kroger.com.
6) In addition to the weekly circular and manufacturers coupons, Kroger has in-store coupons that you might not be aware of, and these can all be used in conjunction with one another. How do you access them? Simple! Just go to Kroger.com and sign up under your rewards card number. You can view the weekly circular ad there, and you can go to “coupons”, where you can virtually “clip” coupons which load directly onto your rewards card. No printing necessary here, its all done digitally. When you check out at the register and hand over your rewards card, the in-store coupons that you loaded to your card will automatically start taking off discounts!
More to come soon, this is a good start! Please feel free to add any comments with more helpful Kroger tips!